The Cajun Vegan Cookbook: A Modern Guide to Classic Cajun Cooking and Southern-I
Plant-based foodies rejoice: you can finally indulge in New Orleans' iconic cuisine thanks to the 130+ recipes in this first-ever Cajun vegan cookbook.
Classic dishes like jambalaya, étouffée, gumbo, and hushpuppies have gone vegan in this delicious cookbook which blends Louisiana's beloved flavor profiles with plant-forward ingredients that are fresh and sustainable, yet still authentic and delicious.
130+ recipes inspired by the Big Easy (including 90+ gluten-free options):
• Breakfasts and Breads: Molasses & Roasted Pecan Pancakes, Backwoods Buttermilk Biscuits and Gray, and Strawberry Peach Heart Tarts
• Soups, Salads, and Poboys: Southern Belle Pepper Salad, Gulf Coast Oyster Mushroom Soup, and Swamp Queen Poboy
• Entrees: Heart of the Bayou Étouffée, Jambalaya Collard Wraps, and Chili-Rubbed Butternut Squash Steaks
• Sides: Fried Green Tomatoes, Kale & Tempeh'd Black-Eyed Peas, and Cajun Potato Wedges
• Dressings, Sauces, and Toppings: Tangy Tabasco Dressing, Cajun Nacho Sauce, and Smoky Maple "Bacon" Bits
• Desserts: French Quarter Beignets, Cinnamon King Cake, and Salted Pecan Pralines
• Drinks: Jalapeño Cauldron Lemonade, Café Au Lait, and Hurricane Party
Each of the recipes was created under the influence of powdered sugar, café au lait, Louisiana jazz, and a sprinkling of '90s jams by Krimsey Lilleth, founder of the late-and-great Los Angeles restaurant Krimsey's Cajun Kitchen. May this cookbook inspire you to try new things, have fun with your food, and be reminded that life is one big party. Enjoy!
“Krimsey’s restaurant was a real favorite of ours. We had her food at Billie’s rehearsals often…fortunately for all of us, she just put out a Cajun vegan cookbook.” - Maggie Baird, mother of Billie Eilish and FINNEAS and founder of the plant-based food initiative Support+Feed